Day 1 Tenerife
Collect your vehicle and head to your chosen accommodation. Perhaps you fancy the quaint coastal town of Medano, or maybe you want to discover the bustling city of San Cristóbal de La Laguna, or discover more rural possibilities like Vilaflor or Los Realejos.
Day 2 Volcano Hike
Above Icod de los Vinos, at the foot of the last volcano in Tenerife, a beautiful region is waiting to be explored. Go hiking in the heart of this recently active volcanic landscape, a sharp contrast to the rich green of the surrounding Canarian pine forests.
4 and 1/2 hours walking
Day 3 Rural de Anaga Park
Rural de Anaga Park in the extreme north-east of Tenerife is full of surprises. New views await around every corner, each more beautiful than the last. Hamlets lots in the mountains, ancient architectures and wild black sand beaches at the food of huge cliffs... This park will capture your heart.
5 hours walking
Day 4 Enchanting Forest
High up above the town of La Orotava, discover a path which snakes between lichen covered Canarian pine trees, heather and laurels. Follow this intreguing trail to the heart of an enchanting forest and discover the difficulties of finding and transporting water in the Canary Islands.
2 and 1/2 hours walking
Day 5 Teno Rural Park
Go hiking to explore one of the oldest massifs in Tenerife. This protected park has everything, venture through the varying micro climates to discover small isolated hamlets, lush goat grazing pastures and jagged rock formations.
4 and 1/2 hours walking
Day 6 Teide National Park
The unique lunar landscapes of Teide National Park are dominated by the majestic mountain of Teide (3718m). There is a trail which leads up the strange geological formation of La Fortaleza offering lovely views of Mount Teide and the Park.
3 hours walking
Day 7 Summit Mount Teide
Climb Spains highest peak (3718m), a simply stunning two day trek. Spend the night at Alta Vista refuge (3260m) and reach the summit at sunrise for a tuly magical experience.
Day 8 Tenerife
Enjoy breakfast, vahicle return at your convenience.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Accommodation(s) of your choosing with breakfasts
- Vehicle hire for 8 days - category A, basic insurance and unlimited mileage
- A detailed roadbook including, local tips, maps and detailed hiking routes
- 24/7 phone support during your trip
- International flights
- Meals other than breakfast
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Fuel and parking costs
- Entrance fees
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Modification du contrat
Prix et révision des prix
Cession du contrat
- Maritime transport with Naviera Armas Ferries.
- This trip includes category A vehicle hire.
- Additional driver, from 50 €/rental
- Child seat, from 30 €/rental
- GPS, from 30 €/rental
Budget & exchange
- Meals and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- A cap or sunhat
- Thermal baselayers: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, preferably in quick-drying technical material
- 1 light fleece or equivilent (plus extra warm layers for austral winter months)
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- Lightweight waterproof over trousers
- 1 pair of long suitable shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers (detachable legs ideal)
- A pair of high-rise walking boots with vibram soles - trails can be rocky and muddy
- A pair of trainers or casual shoes for the evenings and cities
- Thick walking socks
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf (evenings in the mountains can feel cold)
- A swimsuit
- Your personal toiletries
- Fast-drying microfibre towel
- Water bottle(s). Min. 2 litres, light and isothermal
- A good pair of sunglasses (think min. category 3)
- Sun-cream, face and lips
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife (optional)
- A pair of hiking poles (optional)
- A waterproof bag cover (or plastic bags) to protect your belongings
- A rucksack (35-40L or 45-50L) for use as a day bag. This will contain your (vital) personal belongings for the day,
- A larger bag (60-80L) containing the rest of your belongings, those which you do not need with you in the day.
Health information & recommendations
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find it
- Be careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors